Age 25 – 34.
(haven’t taken any surveys since, but I’m sure I will soon)
I had a good birthday!
- Went exploring in some shopping plazas I had previously only visited with specific purposes in mind.
- Learned about the existence of 3.5mm-to-cassette-tape adapters (examples), wooden sudoku boards, and little grocery stores both expensive (but organic!) and actually very cheap (since Mom insists on having brisket for holiday feasts (except the ones where it’s turkey instead), I figured I ought to tell her about the butcher I found with brisket on sale for $5/lb; she later picked some up and put it in the freezer for the next non-turkey feast).
- Picked up another free mango smoothie, and a cookie from Subway that I didn’t even know was coming. (I haven’t had any good opportunities to buy anything from Starbucks since they instituted their “must buy at least one thing per year to receive birthday presents” rule, Giant Tiger failed to record my birthday properly and so sent me nothing, and the other freebies I haven’t had a chance to pick up yet without going far enough out of my way to make it not worth the fuel. I expect to be in the correct areas before the various vouchers expire, though.)
- Ate homemade macaroni and cheese, and later birthday cake made with almond meal instead of flour (I like my chocolate to be mixed with nuts, and it turns out almond-meal chocolate cake is excellent at this).
- Got the solar-powered phone battery. Have not had a chance to try it out yet, except the flashlight function.
- Also a gift card for the restaurant I work at (some of our stuff is actually reasonably priced even by my standards if you have an employee discount, so I eat there a couple times a month), and–because Mom has a thing about wanting to give people surprise presents–a variety pack of differently flavoured Kit Kats. (I haven’t yet had any of the caramel, mint-cookie, or green tea, but I did eat the strawberry one. It tasted a bit artificial, and I don’t think I’d bother getting it again, but nor was it bad.)
#oh look an original post #birthday #food #adventures in human capitalism